By Sarah Steffen, Community Relations Coordinator and Mandy Thomas, Activity Director
We asked residents and staff for their favorite restaurants in the area. Clifton is a community in the center of the city of Cincinnati, close to downtown, near University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati State, and home to many types of individuals. It is known as the Gaslight District due to the burning gaslight lamps along the streets of the area.
Little Sisters of the Poor is in the center of it all. Residents and staff enjoy life outside our walls daily. Because if this, they know some of the hidden gems to dine in and we would like to share them with you.
- Corinthian – Suggested by one of our residents, Corinthian is a Mediterranean restaurant with an array of traditional dishes. You can enjoy spanakopitas, chicken Milanese, burgers, pizza, and even calzones! If you want cheap yet delicious food this is the place to go in Clifton. The owners are nice and welcoming to all!
- Biagio’s Bistro – One of our activity assistants, Teresa, suggested this local Italian gem. Everything is made from scratch and pasta dishes are made in an open area for all to see. The food is reasonably priced and on top of that, the restaurant sits on a quaint street called Ludlow in Clifton. Biagio’s Bistro is well known for its great atmosphere and exceptional customer service.
- Parkside Café – A good place to go for some good breakfast or a light lunch is Parkside Café on E. McMillan. Open for business during breakfast and lunch it closes at 3pm daily. A plus for this place is the fact that they have a breakfast buffet from 10am -2pm. It is a seat yourself establishment and not really well known at this point so if you are searching for a good breakfast place come to Clifton.
- Ambar India Restaurant – suggested by one of our Sisters, Ambar India produces meals through authentic spices and herbs best associated with Northern India. They have the traditional and popular Indian dishes you might crave as well as some unique dinners you have never tried. Some have said they have the best nan in town, but maybe you should go and decide for yourself!
- Adriatico’s – suggested by several staff and Residents, Adriatico’s has been in Clifton for 38 years, serving pizza, wings, and pasta to all. It is located on W. McMillan St, right off the UC campus. One staff member said it is a tradition that you have to try out, especially if you are a UC student! They were voted best pizza by Cincinnati Magazine and City Beat. It is a definite must!
Try them out and let us know what you think. Or if you have any other suggestions, we are open to exploring new areas of our community!